Green Tea Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours
Organic Green Tea Banana Zucchini Bread
Green tea brew and leaves are welcome additions to many of your existing recipes. After steeping the tea, reserve the leaves to take advantage of all the healthy benefits of organic, whole leaf green tea.
This recipe uses the whole green tea leaves without brewing them first. You can steep a cup to sip on while you make the zucchini bread if you like.
Ripe bananas work best in this recipe.
* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup corn oil
* 3 eggs
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 Tablespoon pure (not imitation) vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon banana extract
* 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
* 2 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini (use a cheese grater)
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1/4 cup whole leaf, organic, edible green tea leaves
Photo courtesy of Sarah R
1. Grease and flour two non stick loaf pans
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder. Set aside.
3. Combine corn oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and banana extract and mix well.
4. Stir in mashed bananas, organic green tea leaves, and shredded zucchini.
5. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring until just moistened.
6. Stir in pecans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees one hour.
8. Check with knife for doneness, inserted knife should come out clean.
9. You may need to add 15 minutes to cooking time. Keep close watch.
10. When done, invert loaves onto wire rack to cool.
We invite you to re-post this recipe on your own web site with the following hyper-linked attribution
“Republished with permission from EatGreenTea.com, the original edible green tea.”