Organic Green Tea Leaves Spinach Dip
Organic, whole leaf green tea leaves are a great addition to many of your recipes. Don’t throw away valuable tea leaves that offer a healthy additional element in your nutrition! The tea leaves taste just as great as the tea, and they are good for you too!
Brew a full cup of organic leaf green tea, reserving one tablespoon for the spinach dip (more if doubling or tripling recipe); drink the remainder of the tea for added health benefits.
Here is a great spinach dip recipe that is great on crackers, chips, or pretzels. This recipe is very easy to make, too!
* 1 box frozen chopped spinach
* 1 can chopped water chestnuts
* 1 envelope Lipton Vegetable Soup Mix
* 1 8-ounce container sour cream
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 2 green onions chopped fine (include stems)
* 1 tablespoon brewed green tea
* Green Tea Leaves from brewed whole leaf, organic, edible green tea
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Photo courtesy of Naoko McCracken
1. Thaw spinach, squeezing out all excess water.
2. Place in food processor with remaining ingredients.
3. Process until mixture reaches dip consistency.
This spinach dip can be served warm or cold. It is excellent with crackers, chips, pretzels, party sized gourmet bread slices, bagel chips, or bread sticks.
You can make this dip a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For large get-togethers, double or triple the recipe, and only bring out a little at a time in serving dishes, refilling as needed.
This dip can also be placed in a small crock-pot set on low if you wish to serve a warm version.
If you are watching calories:
* substitute low fat sour cream for regular sour cream
* substitute low fat mayonnaise for regular mayonnaise
Remember, many of the recipes you already have in your collection are easily adapted for the use of organic edible whole leaf green tea. Enjoy!
We invite you to re-post this recipe on your own web site with the following hyper-linked attribution
“Republished with permission from EatGreenTea.com, the original edible green tea.”